Think that a Loch Ness cruise with Jacobite Cruises is only worth taking on a sunny day? Then think again!
Jacobite has got plenty of ideas and activities to keep adults and kids occupied and because we sail all year, we’re used to dealing with the Scottish weather.
You’ll find suggestions in the Questions page on our website to tell you what to wear when you sail with us. It’s a good idea always to wear layers as it can get chilly or breezy when you’re out on deck.
Here are some suggestions for what you can see and do on a trip on Loch Ness with Jacobite on rainy days.
- While on board, stay inside in our comfortable heated cabins and enjoy a Costa Coffee, hot chocolate with whisky, a dram, locally brewed beer, some Scottish tablet or a snack. Our friendly staff can advise you on our Monster munchies!
- Hunt for Nessie on our sonar screens – all Jacobite boats are equipped with sonar to let you search.
- Learn more about Jacobite and Loch Ness in the leaflets you’ll find on board, in several languages, or chat to our crew who will be happy to answer your questions.
- If you’re on the Jacobite Warrior, check out our gifts including Jacobite Jess, baseball caps, a notebook for your Nessie sightings, a compass key-ring to help you navigate around the loch and other goodies.
- Make your own unique #monsterselfie photo with our free frames and enter our monthly competition for the chance to win prizes!
- Read the Jacobite guest book on board, write your own feedback and tell us about your experience of Loch Ness by Jacobite.
- Younger visitors can enjoy a free activity pack for drawing and colouring and find out more about Jacobite Jess, Nessie’s cousin.
- If you’re lucky (and you ask nicely), the Skipper may let you into the wheelhouse to have a go at sailing the boat!
- If your cruise is stopping at Urquhart Castle, then it’s a short walk up to the Visitor Centre which has plenty to keep you occupied in the exhibition, shop and cafe, fabulous views over Loch Ness, and a breath-taking surprise…
- Bring your dog to enjoy the experience with you. Well behaved dogs are welcome on our Inspiration, Reflection and Contemplation cruises. (Please note that dogs are not allowed into Urquhart Castle or on the Jacobite coaches except for disability assistance).
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the view. Loch Ness can look pretty spectacular in any weather, and rainy days change the light and shade.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard.