The book “Loch Ness with Jacobite” is a fascinating and at times amusing read for anyone who has experienced the beauty of cruising on Loch Ness and who might like to learn about the characters and stories behind the formation and development of Loch Ness by Jacobite.
It also provides a great deal of interest for anyone who would like to know more about the origins of the Caledonian Canal and cruising on Loch Ness.
We have started to publish edited sections of Loch Ness with Jacobite online and will continue to do so over the coming months.
We hope you enjoy our story and that of all the people who made it possible over the years. Please read on …
- Loch Ness with Jacobite – the book.
- A history of cruising on Loch Ness – Preface.
- The Caledonian Canal.
- Cruise on Loch Ness.
- Origins of cruising on Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal.
- Construction of the Caledonian Canal.
- Caledonian Canal and the steamboat revolution.
Loch Ness with Jacobite
A history of cruising on Loch Ness
By Roy Pedersen
First published in Scotland in 2007
Second revised edition 2015