Gold Green Tourism
Loch Ness by Jacobite and the environment
Loch Ness by Jacobite is proud to operate in one of the world's most famous tourist attractions. We encourage the conservation of our natural resources and promote effective environmental management procedures throughout the company, to help ensure that all visitors, and future generations, can enjoy the natural beauty of Loch Ness.
Our promise to you, and to Loch Ness...
- We will meet or exceed all environmental legislation that relate to the company, and we have all required measures in place to prevent pollution.
- We strive to minimise water and energy use by investing in up-to-date technologies and training our staff in best practice
- We use local and Fair Trade products wherever possible in order to minimize the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- We promote energy saving and recycling amongst our customers, staff and suppliers.
- We encourage our clients to reduce their environmental impact and audit our suppliers in respect of their's
- We use Visit Scotland's accredited Green Tourism Business Scheme to monitor environmental performance and standards.
- We monitor our own performance using Visit Scotland's highly respected Green Tourism Business Scheme
So, how do we keep our promise?
- We ensure that IT equipment is unpowered overnight
- We use FSC approved paper for printing and the paper used in the office is 100% recycled
- We use biodegradable cleaning products By providing parking for coaches, we encourage group transportation and provide information about public transport on our website and brochure
- We reduce private car use by providing staff transport to Clansman Harbour
- We recycle paper, ink cartridges and mobile phones We are working towards a paperless office
- We use only non-potable water for the toilets on our vessels
- We have spillage kits at our fuels stations to minimise the impact of any accidental fuel spills
- We use a UV treatment system to ensure the highest standard of drinking water at Clansman Harbour
- We provide nesting boxes and a feeding station for local wildlife at the Clansman Harbour.
- We have planted a beech hedge and lavender bed at Dochgarroch Lock to provide cover for birds and nectar for insects
- We encourage clients to adhere to the Responsible Visitors Charter and encourage the use of public transport to reduce local emissions.
Help us to help the environment...
- We look forward to seeing you at Loch Ness very soon. And when you're here, you can do your bit for the environment, our beautiful landscape and rare wildlife.
- Always observe wildlife from a distance and avoid any damage or disturbance – especially Nessie. She really doesn't like to be disturbed, and she might cause you some damage!
- The Scottish Outdoor Access Code is a valuable guideline to use during our visit, you can find more information on their website.